Why Contoura Vision?
SHARPEST VISION BEYOND LASIK AND SMILE
Contoura Vision is the latest advancement in Specs Removal by Laser Vision Correction. While procedures like LASIK and SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) only correct specs power, Contoura Vision goes one step further! In addition to correcting your specs power, Contoura Vision also corrects your corneal irregularities while working on Visual axis, thereby providing much sharper visual outcomes, unmatched by LASIK & SMILE.
Advantages of Contoura Vision
US FDA – APPROVED
Contoura Vision is approved by US-FDA claiming highest of safety in specs removal procedures.
Also Contoura Vision has the following advantages:
- Blade – Less
- Pain – Less
- Stitch – Less
- No Injections
- No Bandage
- No Hospitalisation
- Walk in – Walk Out Specs Free
Contoura Vision with a special Topolyser is able to map and remove corneal irregularities by marking 22,000 unique elevation points on the cornea.
This is able to create an optically perfect smooth surface of cornea, thereby highly enhancing visual sharpness and quality.
Contoura Vision treats on visual axis which is the natural seeing axis of eye. Other procedures like LASIK and SMILE treat on pupillary axis.
This treatment on Visual Axis futher enhances the quality of vision.
Get in touch with us to know how Contoura Vision can help you get rid of glasses.
Watch, How Contoura Vision Specs Removal Surgery is Performed?
History of Contoura Vision – How it was developed?
Innovations in correcting vision have been around for centuries. Eyeglasses were made as early as the 13th century in Europe. Contact lenses were made in the late 1800s from hand-blown glass in Switzerland. Innovations in correcting refraction errors continued to be developed. In the 1970s, a Russian ophthalmologist developed radial keratotomy, a surgical procedure to treat short-sightedness. In RK, incisions are made with a diamond knife from the center of the cornea to the periphery to alter the cornea’s curvature. RK is still used today to treat certain types of astigmatism.
In the late 1980s, several ophthalmologists used excimer lasers to reshape the contours of a human eye. This technique, called Photorefractive Keratectomy, was approved in the early 1990s by the U.S. FDA. Since that time, PRK laser-assisted eye surgery has allowed more precise, longer-lasting corrections to refractive errors.
LASIK, which stands for laser-assisted in-situ keratomileuses, has refined the techniques of RK and PRK. During LASIK surgery, a small flap of the cornea is raised to allow reshaping of the underlying corneal tissues. The flap is replaced after surgery. LASIK surgery is the most common corrective refraction surgical procedure in the world used to correct astigmatism, short-sightedness, and long-sightedness.
In 1999, doctors developed wavefront analysis, which maps the errors of a patient’s eye as a whole. The data is programmed into the laser, resulting in a customized procedure with much better results. Contoura Vision builds on the principle of topography, providing a precise mapping of 22,000 points of the cornea. Traditional LASIK wave-front only maps approximately 200 points of the entire eye.
Who is a Candidate for this Procedure?
Not all patients are candidates for LASIK and Contoura Vision treatment. A qualified ophthalmologist must conduct a thorough eye exam and health history to make sure a patient will benefit from the procedure. At Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre in New Delhi, Dr. Sanjay Chaudhary and his team of eye specialists evaluate the unique eye conditions of each patient and recommend a treatment plan that will provide the best visual outcome.
Difference between Contoura Vision and LASIK
Both LASIK and Contoura Vision are state-of-the-art techniques used to correct short-sightedness, long-sightedness, and astigmatism. There are differences between the two types of surgeries in both procedures and visual outcome.
- Although LASIK has been the gold standard to eliminate the need for spectacles or contact lenses, the Contoura Vision procedure gives better visual acuity and refractive outcome in the vast majority of cases. Contoura Vision takes LASIK corrective surgery to a new height. Contoura Vision is a computer-guided topographic mapping technique that maps microscopic contours of the cornea. The cornea is the clear front of the eye.
- This procedure treats irregularities of the curvature of the cornea as well as optics. Irregularities in the curvature of the cornea are often the underlying cause of vision problems. The treatment is centered on the visual axis of the eye. In contrast, other LASIK procedures are centered on the pupil.
- With Contoura Vision, the contours of the cornea generated by the computer analysis are programmed into a specially designed laser used for this procedure. At least 22,000 points of the cornea are mapped. An individualized treatment plan is made, and the laser applies this treatment to the cornea. Because each patient’s eyes are different, no two treatment plans are alike.
- The irregularities of the cornea are smoothed, and optical quality becomes so perfect so that light penetrates the eye evenly. This results in clear, sharp vision. The technique goes beyond the standard corrections of eyeglasses. Most patients see more clearly without spectacles after treatment with Contoura Vision than they did with corrective lenses. There are also significantly fewer problems with glare and halos around lights. Studies show a decrease in complaints by patients about the difficulty in driving at night.
- The results of Contoura Vision correction are exciting. Approximately 65 percent of the patients who had the treatment have correction better than 6/6. Also, there is less damage to tissues and faster healing. Contoura Vision is also used in some instances to treat people who have had LASIK surgery and are not satisfied with the results.
|Quality of Vision||✓ (Supervision: 6/5 & 6/4)||Normal Vision (6/6)||Normal Vision (6/6)|
|Post Surgery Dryness||✓||✓||✓|
|Tissue Saving & Corneal Strength||✓||✓||–|
|Range of Correction||✓||✓||–|
|Eye Movement Tracking||✓||✓||–|
|Visual Axis Treatment||✓||–||–|
|Corneal Irregularities Correction||✓||–||–|
Contoura Vision compared with SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) – A study by National Institute of Health (NIH)
Click here to see a case study by the US National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health that compared Contoura Vision with SMILE and found out Contoura Vision to be superior in all visual performance parameters studied.
Contoura Vision Eye Surgery Cost in Delhi
As you consider your vision correction needs and confer with your doctor about what procedure will produce the vision correction that you want, the cost will inevitably be a factor in making your decision.
Contoura Vision laser correction costs the most of all LASIK surgeries. It is, in part, because the technology is the most advanced and requires specialized equipment. However, the cost also includes the expertise and training of the ophthalmologist doing the surgery. Only a few eye specialists in India have the training and experience to do this procedure. Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre and AIIMS are the leading centres offering Contoura Vision in Delhi. Elsewhere in India, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute in Hyderabad and Sankara Nethralaya in Chennai are also some leading hospitals offering Contoura Vision LASIK surgery in India.
It’s hard to put a price tag on a procedure that is customized to each and involves state-of-the-art equipment and high-end medical expertise. However, a survey of fees for Contoura Vision surgery in Delhi showed that there is not much difference in cost between Contoura Vision and bladeless LASIK surgery for a far superior outcome of vision correction.
A bladeless LASIK procedure in Delhi may vary in cost between ₹75,000 and ₹90,000 (approx.) while the fees for a Contoura Vision correction ranges between ₹95,000 and ₹1,15,000 (approx.). Of course, the exact cost will vary according to the complexity of each case and the procedure used.
Best Hospital for Contoura Vision Correction Procedure
Dr. Sanjay Chaudhary is the founder, director and chief ophthalmologist of the Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre which was founded more than 27 years ago. We offer specialized treatments for both standard and rare eye problems.
Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre offers a range of treatments for vision problems, including standard LASIK, Bladeless LASIK, and Contoura Vision. In addition to that, Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre provides Implantable Collamer Lenses (ICL) to improve vision as an alternative to contact lenses. ICL is often recommended for patients who are not able to undergo Laser refractive correction surgery due to some reasons.
Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre is deemed as best eye hospital in India for Contoura Vision surgery. It has been a pioneer in introducing innovative treatments in India and has been the first one in the following:
- First to start LASIK treatment for specs removal in north India.
- First to perform Zepto capsulotomy pulse cataract surgery in Delhi.
- First to perform Contoura Vision surgery in India.
- First to perform live bladeless LASIK cataract surgery in India.
- Only eye hospital in India to be included in the International LASIK Surgeons directory.
- Pioneer in Phacoemulsification cataract surgery in Delhi.
The hospital has a suite of leading-edge surgical equipment, including the Wavelight FS200 femtosecond laser, LenSx bladeless femtosecond laser, and Wavelight EX500 excimer laser. The hospital also houses state-of-the-art ophthalmologic equipment required to diagnose ocular conditions and devise treatment plans.
The best way to evaluate the services of a hospital is through the experience of the patients. The hospital has completed more than 1,00,000 procedures. Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre is consistently rated with high reviews by its patients. The hospital focuses on safety standards and forming trusting relationships with patients.
Best Contoura Vision Surgeon in Delhi
Choosing the best Contoura Vision surgeon in Delhi needs to take into account the overall experience of the surgeon, patient’s testimonials, the process of diagnosis, recommendations for the treatment, number of surgeries and positive outcomes.
Dr. Sanjay Chaudhary introduced Contoura Vision correction surgery to India. He was also the first to demonstrate a live Contoura procedure in India. He has been a pioneer in providing leading-edge eye care for more than 30 years, and his dedication to eye health, vision correction, and sight restoration has helped thousands of patients regain a sense of joy in their lives through an improved vision.
His numerous accomplishments in the field of eye care leave no doubt that Dr. Chaudhary is your best option if you’re looking for a Contoura Vision eye surgeon in Delhi.
Latest News in Specs Removal
- Eye7 Hospitals get into Indian Record Books for performing maximum ICL Specs Removal Procedure in India
- Dr. Rahil Chaudhary on Republic Prime Time talking about Omicron in India
- Dr. Rahil Chaudhary is the Indian Record Holder for maximum number of Laser Specs Removal surgeries done in India.
- Dr Rahil Chaudhary on Republic news debating about Ramdev’s Allopathy Controversy
- Dr Rahil Chaudhary was interviewed on AajTak about Black Fungus Crisis
- Celebrating Highest Number of ICL Implants Performed in India in 2021