AI-LenSx Bladeless Femto Laser Surgery
Recent innovations in cataract surgery have now introduced Artificial Intelligence to make it possible for cataracts to be removed with greater precision and accuracy.
The AI-LenSx cataract surgery is designed to improve precision, enhance safety and most importantly deliver a predicted visual outcome.
- Highly Precise and Predictable Outcome
- Highest Quality Of Vision
- Fastest Recovery (within 12hours)
- US-FDA Approved For Safety
- No Blade, No Pain, No Stitches, No Injections, No Hospitalisation
Advantages of AI-LenSx Femto Laser
- High Precision Unmatched by Human Hands: The artificial intelligence based laser ushers in a new era of automation, enhancing the skills of the surgeon, making the most difficult steps of Phaco surgery simple and 100% accurate, thereby improving the safety and visual outcomes of cataract surgery. Imagine drawing a circle with a computer-guided printer, compared to a human hand, and one can understand the difference.
- Bladeless Cataract Surgery: Since the laser is the cutting tool during the entire surgery, no blades or knives are used during the procedure, also earning it the nomenclature of bladeless cataract surgery. A computer-controlled laser is a more precise and a better cutting tool than a hand-held for people who have a phobia for blades and needles, working on such a delicate system as the human eye, this procedure is a welcome relief.
- Improves Vision: Conventional Phaco only addresses the problem of cataract, without having any impact on pre-existing astigmatism (cylindrical power) due to abnormal corneal curvature. AI-LenSx Femto laser also corrects the pre-existing cylinder in a patient’s eye, using its astigmatic correction module (LRI) thereby resulting in a better outcome as compared to conventional Phaco. Henceforth, cataract surgery is not just a procedure for visual rehabilitation, but an experience of the enhanced result.
- Safer: Phaco is considered a reasonably safe surgery; however, the AI LenSx Femto laser system further enhances the safety by improving the performance of a surgeon and reducing the chances of human error. The computer controlled incisions made by the laser are more precise and accurate than manual incisions, regarding depth and architecture. Due to this, wound seals better and there are only fewer chances of infection.
- A Basic Platform for Advanced Technology (AT) IOLs: Premium Intra-ocular lenses (IOLs) require a perfectly centered, round and fixed diameter capsular opening for best centering of the lens within the eye, with better focus and improved results possible only with AI-LenSx Femto laser.
- US-FDA Approved: After completing clinical trials, receiving the CE mark, and US FDA approval, the AL-LenSx Femtosecond Laser cataract surgery machine is now available in India also.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) takes the surgeon smoothly through all the surgery planning steps hence provides better predictability for IOL power calculations. AI- LenSx Laser has ability to do high-quality, complex work, while also being able to accurately and effectively perform capsulotomies and lens fragmentation.
Overall, published data demonstrate that the standardized, well-centered, capsulorhexis created with AI-assisted Laser provides more stability with IOL positioning and less tilt delivering the Highest Visual Outcome.
How AI has improved FLACS?
We have seen in the last few years that Laser Cataract surgeries consistently showed certain advantages over manual techniques (Phaco). Laser cataract surgery (FLACS) integrated high-resolution anterior segment imaging with a femtosecond laser allowing key steps of the procedure to be performed with computer-guided laser accuracy, precision, and reproducibility.
The latest AI-LenSx Cataract surgery goes one step ahead of FLACS with a significant added advantage of Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI has produced generational improvements in software and hardware to provide better laser patterns, auto pre-positioning, speed, and improvements in the Patient Interface (PI), the latter of which confers greater control of the globe and more precise laser delivery.
This makes it possible to produce extraordinary visual results unmatched by any other cataract surgery.
AI-LenSx Surgical Suite
The name of the machine is the AI LenSx Femtosecond Laser System, being introduced by Alcon, USA. The laser is designed to predictably perform many of the most challenging aspects of traditional cataract surgery.
Cylinder Correction in AI-LenSx
The cylinder component in AI-LenSx Femto Cataract Surgery can be corrected by three ways:
- LRI or Limbal Relaxing Incisions
- Toric Lenses with Verion Digital Axis Marking
- Toric Lenses with Manual Marking